Thursday 12 January 2012

IRIS APFEL FOR MAC

My Blog has had  recent (dare I say it) glamorous make over, so therefore I wanted to post a blog in celebration on make up! see what I did there.


The Geriatric Starlet that is Iris Apfel is  collaborating (like many fabulous people before her such as Gareth Pugh and Daphne Guiness) with MAC Cosmetics ! 



The bold, and vibrant bird-inspired collection celebrate her quirky, eclectic style.  Eyelash curlers named Opulash and dramatic eyeshadows emulated her signature bouffant lashes. I completely agree with Iris that bold matt lipsticks are best and excitingly bright lipsticks named Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon cover the range.  


Ever since the Metropolitan Museum put on “Rara Avis: Selections from the Iris Barrel Apfel Collection”- a display of her wildly unique  and eccentric wardrobe at the Costume Institute in 2005-  I have been obsessed with her style!  The woman is fabulous- Even at the age of 90 the woman is an inspiration- I hope I end up as a glamourous geriatric starlet like her!

 Lipstick
'PINK PIGEON' LIPSTICK
THE COLLECTION

IRIS APFEL

No comments:

Post a Comment