Saturday 26 November 2011

Gold Leaf Launch Party

Its been the  most intense few weeks of my course so far! I have been lucky enough to be involved with a project with Gold Leaf, (an up-coming Design company in London) to design for  a live 'reunion' show   for Britain's next top model. The company combines a love of vintage luxury and mother nature's imperfections, which can be found across their clothing lines.  It was a very VERY intense week of designing and sewing and after the pressure of the time limit, I then had the stress of what to wear to a launch party!

The Launch Party was set in the 'Lounge Bar at McQueen in Shordich. Cocktails were drunk in the luxury setting and later  a catwalk of the designs were shown whilst Bluey Robinson gave a live performance! Overall it was a fun evening and three of my desinges were shown on the catwalk which was awsome!



My Designs for the Gold Leaf Project . chiffon blouse and leather shorts were shown on their catwalk
Chiffon shorts , Cropped top and loose silk Bat-wing Cropped top designs for Gold Leaf

 From Left to right: Charles Githinji, Natalie Walker and Henry James- the runners of Gold Leaf







 White Chiffon high-waisted shorts (Designed by Me Katharine Whiteside)



The Lounge Bar, Mcqueen Shorditch

Models in Designs  (model on far left is wearing a Black silk chiffon cropped blouse (Designed by me again!)

My Blouse

Give me a 'Singapore Sling' darling!
Bluey Robinson introduces the Catwalk!

And if your woundering what I wore, wellllll.......


I combined these beauties with....

Please excuse the awkward face and pose!



Sources.


http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.313431548683150.94828.271977929495179&type=3









No comments:

Post a Comment